Sunday 15 June 2014

Farewell to Gitte Christensen

Farewell, Gitte, my inspiration.

I write with great sadness that Australian writer Gitte Christensen has passed away.

It's been about four years that I've been visiting her blog each day. At first I lurked, shy to comment, until eventually I gathered my courage to tell her how inspirational I found her professionalism as a writer, and her determination to make a name for herself in the world of speculative fiction.

Invariably she took the time to reply to me.

I've read many of her stories, and enjoyed each one. Here's a list of some of her publications, and you can read an interview with her here.

I will miss her.

But her stories live on.

Here is a tribute to her from a fellow Australian writer.

4 comments:

Steve Cameron said...

Well said, Parlance. We will indeed miss her.

One of her publishers also has a tribute.

http://lakesidecircus.com/2014/06/a-moment-of-silence-in-the-big-top-gitte-christensen-is-gone/

parlance said...

Thanks, Steve.
I went across to read it. She was not one to boast, so it's great to see her achievements being honoured.

Denise Covey said...

A lovely tribute to Gitte. Lovely to meet you, Parlance.

parlance said...

Thanks, Denise. I still often think of Gitte and miss her.